- Brat Style, Café Racer, Tracker
- No. Cylinders:
- Build type:
- Engine size:
- London, UK
- Days listed:
- 0 days
Tell us about your bike
"Blitz" Custom build Kawasaki w650
Top speed 178 kmh (though I only ever took it up to 160 according to the motogadget speedometer!).
4 stroke, 2 cylinder, in-line. 676cc, made in Akashi, Japan in 1998. First owner bought it in 2001 in France, and I am the second owner. Weight approx 200kg. Bike comes with all paperwork.
Rebuilt in 2015 by pro bike builders "Blitz Motorcycles" in Paris. 1+ year wait list for bikes built by Fred and Hugo, greatly sought after due to the high level of bespoke detail and skill. The bike is called 'El Tigre' due to the original Triumph Tiger 100 graphics on either side of the vintage fuel tank.
Makes one hell of a noise. A head turning mega rumble. And you get some really satisfying pops.
As ridden by Fred during the RRL Bike tour, you can see in this damn cool video (Fred has the beard, blue denim work shirt, and a white helmet, and the bike has its old square yellow headlight which has been replaced since).
Ralph Lauren sent his personal photographer for the shoot and has a picture of Fred and 'El Tigre' behind his desk in his private office in New York.
I'm a fairweather rider and haven't used the bike a great deal since I moved to London as I don't enjoy city riding. Mileage is low (approx 3k km since I've owned it) and the engine works perfectly. The original Kawasaki 650w was bought for €6k and the build job was €6k, totalling €12k, so you'll be getting this amazing bike for considerably less than it cost. There is one original key and I had two spare keys cut. I am open to sensible offers.
I'm also selling my Sena Smart Momentum Evo Helmet with bluetooth and mesh 2 intercom, worn only once, size medium, for £200 (cost £300 brand new). And I'll throw in the black bike cover, Oxford Monster disklock (£46 new), and Oxford Monster 2m chain with padlock (£100 new) with all the keys and an open face helmet with black/white stripes for pillion passengers.
The bike is SORN, parked off street under a waterproof cover in Hackney, needs an MOT, road tax and insurance. A few bits and bobs need fixing, perhaps 5 hours work if you know your way around a bike: front indicator, rear brake light, clean the carbs, replace battery. I turn the engine over once a month. The bike starts up first time and runs well - video can be provided upon request. I'm available for viewings anytime, or whatsapp me for questions.
- Fully rebuilt Kawasaki W650.
- Subframe shortened by 3 inches.
- Blitz Motorcycles electric box to fit all the elements.
- Vintage Honda CB tank matt black painted (all the original dents have been kept before repaint).
- Genuine Triumph Tiger sticker.
- Vintage yellow square headlight from a 1970s French truck has been replaced with a retro round headlamp with full beam and low beam.
- "Tiny" Motogadget speedometer adapted to the 100% rebuilt electric wiring.
- 100% bespoke seat designed to fit the shortened subframe (we call this the 'gentlemen's occasional' as it isn't ideal for a regular pillion with an ample behind)
- "Tiny" rear blinkers.
- After market rear tail light inspired by the 'English Lucas' tail light.