- Café Racer
- No. Cylinders:
- Build type:
- Engine size:
- Luton, UK
- Days listed:
- 22 days
Tell us about your bike
For sale is my 2001 W650 Café Racer "misfit" built by Down and Out Motorcycles. This bike was debuted at the 2014 Bikeshed show and I've listed a couple of the internet sites providing details on this truly amazing one off custom.
As the pics show, the bike is as mint.
All fabrication is in either steel or aluminium and prepared to a show standard as you would expect from a D&O build. Mechanically the bike is perfect, is very torquey and pulls like a train through the gears. The exhaust is a work or art and has a distinct growl which sounds awesome. The quick action throttle really adds to the riding experience and whilst it is a cafe racer style build, the riding position is not extreme and comfortable and sits quite low with a seat height of only 770mm.
- Kawasaki ZZR1400 USD forks
- Kawasaki ZZR1400 twin disc brakes with ECB wavy discs
- Honda NC24 mono shock rear single sided swing arm
- Fabricated front mudguard, battery box and exhaust stay
- Fabricated custom exhaust
- Motogadget switchgear, m-blaze pin indicators and LED rear light
- GPS digital speedometer
- Steel Honda Style fuel tank with Monza filler cap
- Steel rear seat section with hand stitched black leather seat
- quick action throttle
- CNC “just racing” rearsets
- Beautiful Nardo Grey with black racing stripe paintjob (not decals) by Arnie at Pro Kustom Paint
- Brembo controls
- One pic also shows the bike with a headlight cowl which is also included in the sale.
Time for her to go as, although it really pains me to sell this bike, it deserves to be ridden and shown not trussed up in my garage on a trickle charger. The Bike has been freshly MOT,d until 20th April 2020 and mileage is very low; 4254 miles including the original bike mileage and less than 100 of those have been added since the build in 2014. After the show the bike was bought by SMC Sheffield from Down & Out and the previous keeper bought it from their showroom in early 2016 and I have owned the bike since October 2016.
I am very happy to answer questions on 07894560418 and arrange viewings for those who are seriously considering purchasing the bike.