- Brat Style, Café Racer
- No. Cylinders:
- Build type:
- Engine size:
- London Borough of Wandsworth, London, UK
- Days listed:
- 0 days
Tell us about your bike
This is my beloved Honda CX 500 for sale.
I orginally bought the bike as a rolling chassis in a state of disrepair, intending to rebuild it myself. I quickly realised this was beyond me and have had it professionally rebuilt from the ground up. A huge amount of time, effort and money have gone into making it the bike it is now.
So a summary of the work:
- entire bike was dismantled. Frame was shot blasted and powder coated along with the swing arm, wheels, fork trees etc.
- Tank was repainted in an awesome metallic silver. The Honda tank badges in the picture are removable so could either be permanently fixed or replaced with decals without damaging the paint.
- Total rewire with new small and well hidden indicators.
- New brake cables.
- New smaller headlight.
- New backlit Daytona speedo.
- Custom brown seat refurbished by Viking.
- Front forks shot blasted and polished.
- New stubby Biltwell pipes (these sound UNBELIEVABLE!)
- New bars with grips and bar end mirrors.
- New fuel tank cap.
As you can tell this bike is my pride and joy. I have had so much fun riding it around town over the last year or so - it attracts a lot of attention and people are constantly asking about it. The exhausts create the MOST unbelievable sound which is phenomenal when accelerating, but not so much that it rattles your teeth out when waiting a the lights!
Through some detective work online (and with David Silver Honda) I have discovered from the chassis number that the bike was orginally a Canadian import, but the V5 has it registered as a 1992 Honda as that was the first year it was registered in the UK.
I have decided its time to sell as I want to do some more touring but cant afford to have 2 bikes (otherwise I would definately not be selling).
More photos of the rebuild etc available on request.
Please contact Callum if interested on 07542 900 724