- Brat Style, Café Racer
- No. Cylinders:
- Build type:
- Engine size:
- London Borough of Wandsworth, London, UK
- Days listed:
- 0 days
Tell us about your bike
This is my Honda CX 500 for sale.
I orginally bought the bike as a rolling chassis in a state of disrepair, intending to rebuild it myself. I quickly realised this was beyond me and have had it professionally rebuilt from the ground up. A huge amount of time, effort and money have gone into making it the bike it is now.
So a summary of the work:
- entire bike was dismantled. Frame was shot blasted and powder coated along with the swing arm, wheels, fork trees etc.
- Tank was repainted in an awesome metallic silver. The Honda tank badges in the picture are removable so could either be permanently fixed or replaced with decals without damaging the paint.
- Total rewire with new small and well hidden indicators.
- New brake cables.
- New smaller headlight.
- New backlit Daytona speedo.
- Custom brown seat refurbished by Viking.
- Front forks shot blasted and polished.
- New stubby Biltwell pipes (these sound UNBELIEVABLE!)
- New bars with grips and bar end mirrors.
- New fuel tank cap.
As you can tell this bike is my pride and joy. I have had so much fun riding it but time pressures mean I don't have time to ride these days It attracts a lot of attention and people are constantly asking about it. The exhausts create the MOST unbelievable sound!
Through some detective work online (and with David Silver Honda) I have discovered from the chassis number that the bike was orginally a Canadian import with a 1980 vintage, but the V5 has it registered as a 1992 Honda as that was the first year it was registered in the UK. Re-registering it with the DVLA as 1980 would presumably mean it would be road tax exempt.
Give me a call if you have any questions. Happy to answer them
Please contact Callum if interested on 07542 900 724