- Café Racer
- Sport classic 1000s
- No. Cylinders:
- Build type:
- Engine size:
- Bristol, UK
- Days listed:
- 0 days
Tell us about your bike
2007 DUCATI SPORT CLASSIC 1000S - CUSTOM
● A stylish custom-built café racer, based on the lauded Ducati Sport Classic 1000S and presented in excellent cosmetic and mechanical condition.
● It is powered by a 992cc V-twin engine, coupled to a six-speed transmission.
● The bike was currently on show at The Bike Shed in London for majority of last year, and has been featured as a 'staff pick' in the ‘Classified’ section of its website.
● The bike is renowned in the Ducati Owners Clubs, used for many Ducati events, Ducati Race Events and has been on show at three successive World Ducati Week meets in Misano.
● Nicknamed ‘Bella’, it was modified and customised shortly after I purchased her in 2008 with assistance from Ducati specialist Louigi Moto and D.W. Automotive, and is now presented with a raft of cafe racer-style components.
● It has then undergone a frame-up refurbishment at Desmo London, comprising a full engine rebuild, service, aqua blast and respray (Spring 2021) to present her in the best running and condition for any new owner. Bike has only done 300 miles since the rebuild.
EQUIPMENT AND FEATURES
● Finished in vibrant metallic blue paintwork accented by gold racing stripes, this Ducati’s exterior now features Paul Smart lower side fairings, new rearsets, a custom LED headlight, retro bar-end mirrors and lightweight gold Marchesini five-spoke wheels.
● The 992cc V-twin engine has been enhanced with the addition of velocity stacks and K&N pod filters, and is also equipped with a Ducati sports ECU a full Keihin Systems stainless steel exhaust hung with custom titanium hangers.
● The front Marzocchi forks were fitted with internal adjusters to allow preload and rebound adjustment, along with progressive springs and heavier oil. The rear shocks also feature upgraded internals.
● The front brake callipers have been upgraded to gold Brembo four-pot items.
● The stock double seat was replaced with an aftermarket ‘60s replica cafe racer-style unit from Diopa, while the black grips have been replaced with golden tan retro items.
● The bike’s original owner’s manuals, red master key, and a spare key will be included, along with evidence of the service history, a pillion seat and pegs, and a ‘bikini’ fairing.
● There is no known damage to the frame, tank or bodywork.
● While originally painted red, the bike has undergone a full custom respray, now featuring a ‘candy’ dark blue metal flake finish with metallic gold stripes, Ducati logos and two silver-leaf ‘76’ number boards. It presents in excellent overall condition.
● There are no known electrical or mechanical faults.
● The bike’s last MOT test was conducted in 20 April 2018, which resulted in a pass with two advisories to monitor worn rear brake pads and a slightly misshapen front tyre. The bike will come with a fresh MOT for any new owner.
● This Ducati’s most recent routine maintenance was a major service, which was carried out at the same time as the comprehensive engine rebuild at Desmo London.
● The cam belt was last replaced during the rebuild Spring 2021.
● In the vendor’s ownership, the bike has received regular services, along with tyre, chain and sprocket replacements.
Don't hesitate to call with any further questions.