- Café Racer
- Sport classic 1000s
- No. Cylinders:
- Build type:
- Engine size:
- Bristol, UK
- Days listed:
- 0 days
Tell us about your bike
So the time has come my friends, following a FULL frame up rebuild, where we have stripped, serviced aqua blasted and repainted her....
Bella is up for sale!
Yep you heard me right...
This is a rather special one off Ducati Sport Classic Custom.
Right where shall I start.
I'm sure as you know the Ducati Sport Classic range was well ahead of its time. a gorgeous Neo-Retro cafe racer that was the perfect combination of old school style and new modern handling and tech.
With the help of the expertise available with;
Rich (the manager at Louigi Moto http://louigimoto.com/), and
Del at D W Automotive (https://www.facebook.com/D-W-Automotive-545916715460077/?fref=ts) we were able to make this bike even more retro.
· The fame is stock.
· The engine is also stock although Rich did remove the large air intake and stock air filter in exchange for stacks and K&N pod filters to help her breath.
· This was supplemented with the official sports ecu to go with the Keihan full Stainless Steel exhaust system (http://www.keihan.co.uk/)
· The front Marzocchi forks were fitted with special internal adjusters to allow pre-load and rebound adjustment. They were also fitted with progressive springs and heavier oil.
· The rear shocks were fitted with upgraded internals
· The paul smart after market lower side fairings were sourced and fitted
· The stock double seat was replaced with an aftermarket 60s replica cafe racer seat unit from Diopa (http://www.diopa.com/)
· The stock Ducati spoked wheels were exchanged for a set of gold lightweight Marchesini 5 spoke wheels
· The stock mirrors were removed from the nose cone fairing and were replaced with retro bar end mirrors
· The stock black grips were also replaced with golden tan retro grips.
Del was then able to come up with a great new spin and take on the old 900SS colour schemes and did a full custom paint scheme. This was done in a special dark blue candy colour with additional candy metallic gold stripes, and logos. He then also provided two silver leaf custom number boards.
I hope this is all helpful, but don't hesitate to call with any further questions.