- Brat Style, Tracker, Other
- No. Cylinders:
- Build type:
- Engine size:
- Warwick, UK
- Days listed:
- 0 days
Tell us about your bike
1997 Honda CB 500. Tracker, Brat, Custom.
A lightly modded and customised but still very useable bike.
These Hondas are so doggedly reliable so no changes away from standard have been made to:
- Engine. 34,000 miles. 100,000 plus miles on these engines is not unusual.
- Electrics – apart from LED indicators and LED rear lights.
- Suspension although front fork stanchions repleced -see below.
This what has been changed:
- Front mudguard trimmed down and painted. New colour of this and the tank is Audi Nardo Grey - only Audi RS models come with this colour choice.
- Renthal Handlebars with USB phone charger / 12V socket
- Bar end mirrors
- LED indicators front and back. Rear light combined LED with the indicators. – Resistors properly fitted so the flicker rate is correct.
- Nardo Grey tank with Kangi graphic. Transalated graphic means: 500.
- Stainless steel downpipes.
- Crash bars
- Original CB 500 exhaust cut down to about 300mm. Baffles left in so you won’t wake the neighbours. Fruity but not noisy
- Brown single Cafe Racer seat.
- New rear shocks.
- Two new stanchions on the front forks as the old ones were pitted and weeping. New fork seals
- Pillion pegs removed so room for just the one.
- All fully legal and MOT’d. No problems with being pulled over all the time. MOT till October 2020
Very useable bike retaining Honda CB 500 reliability and known affectionately by my so called pals as ‘Shitter No 3’. Not a perfect bike but very tidy and not true to its nick name either.
I have really enjoyed pulling it all together but time now for it go to make way for the next project: Honda C90 with touring mods to get me to Turkey via Moldova.
Bike at Warwick just off Junction 15 of the M40.