- Café Racer
- No. Cylinders:
- Build type:
- Engine size:
- Poole, UK
- Days listed:
- 22 days
Tell us about your bike
2015 (65 plate) Yamaha WR125X Café Racer
- Professionally built by Built Customs in Poole in 2021
- Donor bike was a Yamaha WR125X, which is a supermoto style bike, so A LOT of custom work has gone into this bike to make it what it is
- The orignal bike had been dropped and the plastics partly broken, so it was declared a cat N. So the bike was fully stripped down and checked over at Built Customs, confirming no oter damage, then the frame was customised to the Café Racer shape by removing the rer end and welding in a new tank and seat stays, then freshly powder coated and rebuilt with new tank finished in Jaguar's British Racing Green metallic, new seat, clip-on bars, Vans grips, bar-end indicators, new headlight on fork mountings, rebuilt forks, custom air intake, custom built exhaust system with slash cut exit behind riders leg (cannot feel heat when riding), fuel pump from a Hyabusa, relocated battery, ECU and all electronics, new coolant expansion tank, relocated classic style number plate, side/brake light on LED under seat
- Original clocks retained, only the fuel level displayed is blanked off, due to fuel level sender was located in original tank.
- Oil and filter, spark plug, and chain and sprockets replaced recently
- Runs and starts perfectly everytime, because this is a newer bike, it benefits from fuel injection and much more reliable than carburetor engined bikes
- These engines are 17hp standard, and with the air intake, fuel pump and custom exhaust, it should be higher now. Definetly is faster than any other 125's I've ridden with when out.
- Currently on 18,400 miles, which will creep up with occasional use
Any questions, please feel free to get in touch.
+44 07590 054874