- cx 500
- No. Cylinders:
- Build type:
- Engine size:
- Bentham, Lancaster LA2, UK
- Days listed:
- 13 days
Tell us about your bike
Honda cx500 custom build
Year 1981 56375 miles
This CX500 has undergone a re design that gives the bike slimmer, sleeker lines while retaining its essential cult classic looks.
Spec/build details as follows
· Frame re designed, blasted and powder coated.
· Custom fabricated battery and electrics housing in 3mm Aluminium.
· Custom fabricated integral rear mudguard in 3mm Aluminium.
· Hand made seat produced in 6mm Aluminium base with high density foam and leatherette tuck and roll covering.
· Custom fabricated tail light and number plate holder incorporating stop light and indicators.
· Taper roller headset bearings.
· Brake calipers rebuilt with new seals and pads.
· Goodridge stainless brake hoses.
· Brembo 16mm front brake master cylinder.
· Forks rebuilt with progressive springs and gaiters fitted.
· Triumph scrambler front mudguard with re-engineered mount.
· Bonneville headlight and ears with custom made tube mounts.
· Honda Dominator handlebars.
· Daytona Deva01 speedo fitted (many features including water temperature)
· New mirrors.
· New grips
· Swing arm strengthened, blasted and powder coated, new bearings fitted.
· Rear bevel serviced.
· Mottobatt battery fitted.
· New plugs and ht leads.
· Number boards finished in White powder coat with vintage style race decals.
· Motad 2 into 1 exhaust.
· All oils and coolant changed.
· Ultra-bright LED indicators.
· New pattern shocks.
· Fuel tank stripped, de rusted and lined before paintwork.
· Full engine gasket and seal replacement, heads stripped and rebuilt with new valve stem seals, valves relapped, pistons de coked, new oil pump chain fitted.
· Carbs rebuilt with Keyster carb kits and re jetted to suit new Ram air foam filters.
Underside of engine block treated in Belzona comppound.
Bike is an 81 reg and as such is eligible for historic classification, making it tax and Mot exempt.
Front end is much improved, gearbox is perfect and the whole ride is relaxed and easy going.
Payment via bank transfer or cash on collection.
Short video of bike running available on request, viewing welcomed, please contact
Jez on 07833124968 or email [email protected]
for any further information.